Friday, December 26, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 


Capital Region

Albany baby burns to death in radiator accident

  • Text size: + -
Albany/HV: Albany baby burns to death in radiator accident
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

out of 10

Free Video Views Remaining

To get you to the stories you care about, we are offering everyone 10 video views per month.

Access to our video is always free for Time Warner Cable video customers who login with their TWC ID.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

NEW YORK CITY -- A one-year-old girl from Albany died in New York City after she was severely burned by a radiator in her grandmother's apartment.

Police say Gabriela Grimes and her four-year-old sister were visiting their grandmother at her Manhattan apartment. They say the grandmother put the two girls to bed, and everything was okay when she checked on them around 2 a.m. Tuesday.

Police say when the grandmother checked in again at 6 a.m., she found one-year-old Gabriela wedged between the bed and a hot radiator. The baby was rushed to St. Luke's Hospital, where officials say she later died.

The grandmother is not facing any charges. ClientIP:, UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 ( Profile: TWCSAMLSP