ALBANY, N.Y. -- The Red Cross is helping five families following a house fire in Albany.
Fire officials said it started in the kitchen of 268 Sheridan Avenue, but 266 and 270 were also damaged.
Crews say one woman inside awoke to flames but was able to get out safely.
Fire crews had to use a ladder and break a window to gain access.
Albany Fire Chief Robert Forezzi said, "At this time it appears unattended cooking on the stove. Again, this fire is still under investigation."
A firefighter was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
The Red Cross is providing food, clothing and shelter to 11 adults and five children.