Sunday, December 28, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 


Capital Region

Hudson Valley crashes leave three dead and eight injured

  • Text size: + -
Albany/HV: Fatal accident in Plattekill
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

out of 10

Free Video Views Remaining

To get you to the stories you care about, we are offering everyone 10 video views per month.

Access to our video is always free for Time Warner Cable video customers who login with their TWC ID.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

HUDSON VALLEY -- One person is dead after being hit by a car on I-84. State Police said it happened just before 10 p.m. Saturday in the Town of Wallkill.

Troopers said a man was walking eastbound about three miles past Exit 4 when he was hit. Anyone who may have information about this incident is asked to contact State Police at (845)-344-5300.

Two more people are dead after a car accident in Ulster County. It happened just south of Denton Road on Route 32 in Plattekill around 2:30 Saturday afternoon.

Plattekill Police said Glenford Clarke was driving north when his car slid into the guardrail, crossed the center line, and hit another car head on.

According to police, the other driver Marylou Wild, and her passenger Ed Butler, were both pronounced dead at the hospital.

Clarke was taken to Saint Francis Hospital in Poughkeepsie with minor injuries. Police believe the accident was caused by a possible mechanical failure. Clarke is currently not facing any charges.

And eight people are hospitalized after another accident in Ulster County. Fire officials said two cars crashed head on in Saint Remy around 4 p.m. Saturday afternoon.

Officials at the scene on Hardenburg Road say all eight people suffered minor injuries. They were taken to Kingston Hospital, thanks to the help of several responding agencies.

The fire chief said he's pleased with the quick response.

“All patients, a total of eight patients, were transported off the scene within 50 minutes which is yeah, which is remarkable. For this time of day, out in this area in the Town of Esopus, it's a good response,” said Steve Peterson, Rifton Fire Chief. ClientIP:, UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 ( Profile: TWCSAMLSP