Friday, October 31, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Capital Region

Nobody injured in overnight garage fire

  • Text size: + -
Albany/HV: Nobody injured in overnight garage fire
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

SCHENECTADY -- A garage fire breaks out Sunday night in Schenectady. According to fire officials, it started just after 3:00 a.m. on Carman Road.

When firefighters arrived to the scene, the building was in flames. The fire chief said the biggest concern was spreading to nearby woods.

"Fully involved, big fire ball. I was worried about the house adjacent to it, there were a lot of trees and things in the immediate area. We were kind of worried about the woods in the back going up. But with all the rain and stuff we really weren't worried too much about that," explained Gary Starr, Fort Hunter Fire Chief.

The nearby house was vacant, and nobody was injured. Carman Road was temporarily closed, but has since reopened.

10.11.12.244 ClientIP: 54.82.190.130, 23.62.6.207 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP