The following areas have declared Snow Emergencies. Information on time frames, special parking restrictions and emergency contact information can be found below. Areas are listed in alphabetical order:
The Village of Castleton on Hudson is issuing a Snow Emergency from 12 noon on Saturday, December 14. until 6 p.m. on Sunday, December 15.
Any time snow is forecast all vehicles must be parked on the odd side of Village streets from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m., vehicles will then be parked on the even side of the street from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Vehicles will continue to switch sides every 12 hours until the snow emergency has been canceled.
No parking on Main Street from Green Street to Summit Avenue from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Contact the Catskill Police Department at 518-943-2244 if you have any questions.
EAST GREENBUSH, NY
The Town of East Greenbush has declared that a Snow Emergency will be in effect beginning Saturday, December 14 at 6 p.m. Local residents are reminded that vehicles in violation of this local law will be subject to ticketing. The “Snow Removal Emergency” will be continued until such time as the storm is over AND all streets have been cleared.
Snow Emergency is effective 12 p.m. starting Saturday, December 15.
All cars must be off the City streets to allow for snow removal. Residents are urged to plan for this emergency and make arrangements for a place to park their cars off-street. This snow emergency will remain in effect for 48 hours unless lifted sooner.
Emergency Parking Prohibitions can be found:HERE
The Town of Lenox, MA has declared a Snow Emergency beginning today at 6 p.m. continuing through Sunday, 15 December at 6 p.m. Any vehicles parked on any streets town wide will be towed at the owner’s expense for snow removal purposes.
There will be NO ODD SIDE parking beginning at 8 p.m. Saturday, December 14 and continuing until 8pm Sunday 12/15/13. There will be NO EVEN SIDE parking beginning at 8 p.m. on Sunday, December 15 continuing until 8 p.m. on Monday, December 16. Any questions with the restrictions can be directed to the DPW at 518-664-7171.
A snow emergency in the City of Newburgh is effective this evening at 6 pm December 13.
During a snow emergency, alternate side of the street parking regulations are in effect as follows:
• On north-south streets, parking is permitted on the east side of the street only for 24 hours, from 6 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of each week, and on the west side of the street only for 24 hours, from 6 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
• On east-west streets, parking shall be permitted only on the north side of the street for 24 hours from 6 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and on the south side of the street only for 24 hours from 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
• On all other City streets, the Police Department will designate the side of the street on which parking is permitted, with parking being allowed on one side of the street on Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week, and on the other side, Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Permitted parking on each side of the street will be from 6 p.m. from the time the emergency is declared, until 24 hours thereafter.
• No parking will be allowed at all on designated snow emergency routes. Snow emergency routes are as follows: Broadway, both sides from West Street to the City line, Dupont Avenue, Lake Street, Leroy Place, and Little Britain Road, both sides, entire length, North Street, both sides from Leroy Place to Robinson Avenue, Robinson Avenue, and South Robinson Avenue, South Street, South Water Street, and Water Street (Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Blvd.), both sides entire length.
• Parking is allowed in City parking lots on Ann Street, Van Ness between Fullerton and Prospect, and on Chambers Street.
• Cars illegally parked during a snow emergency WILL BE TOWED.
A snow emergency has been declared for the City of Pittsfield as of 8 p.m., Saturday December 14 through 800 p.m., Sunday, December 15.
For the duration of the snow emergency, which covers the period of the storm as well as the time required for the City to clean up and sand the streets after the storm ends:
No vehicle is permitted to be parked or to be allowed to stand unattended on any street or way that is required to be plowed by the City except North Street where parking is allowed between the hours of 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM during the snow emergency.
No vehicle is permitted to park or stand unattended on any open municipal parking lot between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m., so the lots may be plowed and sanded.
Vehicles found in violation of the above parking regulations may be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
For the duration of the snow emergency, individuals who have no off-street parking available may park their cars in the three-hour public parking areas of the McKay Center and Columbus Avenue parking garages without penalty.
City residents are further advised that sidewalks abutting their property must be cleaned of snow within 24 hours of the storm’s end and that it is a violation of City ordinance to plow or otherwise dispose of snow from their property onto City streets and sidewalks. Residents are also encouraged to clear snow from around fire hydrants located near their houses.
SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY
Snow emergency declared beginning at 9 p.m. on Saturday, December 14.
Beginning at 9:00 a.m., Sunday, December 15, all vehicles on City Streets (except alternate side parking streets), must be moved to a plowed or cleared area. Accordingly, all vehicles must be moved every twelve (12) hours thereafter until 9:00 p.m. on Monday, December 16.
Except for those streets posted for alternate side parking, it shall be
unlawful to park or stand a motor vehicle for any continuous period of
time in excess of twelve (12) hours.
All vehicles in violation of the City’s Snow Emergency parking regulations
are subject to being ticketed and/or towed at owner’s expense.
Snow emergency declared from 5 p.m. on Saturday, December 14 to 5 p.m. on Sunday, December 15.
Please be advised that a snow emergency is in effect in the Village of Waterford from 6 p.m. Saturday, December 14 until all streets are plowed and pushed back. Any vehicles not moved or interfering with snow plowing operations on Village streets or the Village parking lot will be towed at owners expense.
Alternate side parking is NOT in effect in the Village of Waterford.