Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Capital Region

Three people hospitalized in Albany house fire

  • Text size: + -
Albany/HV: Three people hospitalized in Albany house fire
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

ALBANY, N.Y. -- A handyman working at another home in Albany helped save a life Monday morning, reporting the fire he saw at 69 Adirondack St.

Three people inside the home were sent to the hospital, including a mother, her young daughter and her brother-in-law, who jumped through a window to save the toddler's life.

The mother went into cardiac arrest when crews first pulled her out. The mother and the toddler were taken to Albany Medical Center. She was listed in critical condition as of 5:30 p.m.

As of 3 p.m., the mother was breathing but still unconscious. Once she is stable, the deputy fire chief says they will fly her to a medical facility with a hyperbaric chamber for treatment.

Officials say the toddler seemed fine, but is being evaluated for smoke inhalation. There is no word on how the fire started.

The brother-in-law also was injured when he handed the toddler to the good Samaritan, and escaped the fire through a window.

10.11.12.245 ClientIP: 54.146.190.193, 96.6.47.167 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP