MENANDS, N.Y. -- A scary situation unfolded on a floor of the Riverview Center in Menands Thursday evening.
Firefighters evacuated people from the building after a chemical was sucked into the ventilation system and spread throughout the fifth floor.
Firefighters said a hazmat team was called in after discovering a roofing company used the chemical compound on the roof of the building.
One person was treated for minor respiratory problems, but firefighters said it was a contained incident.
"The building was pretty much evacuated upon our arrival, thank god, but there is a lot of people coming in and out to occupy the building and obviously we're turning them away and telling them they can't work here tonight," said West Albany Fire Department Chief Daniel Sullivan.
The Riverview Center is expected to re-open by Friday.